The Super Bowl is always a fun time to host a party! The excitement of the game, the hilarious commercials, and just having friends around is a nice time to get together. It is so fun that even people who might not even follow football still want to party!
With parties, come food….and with food, you need some tasty ideas! Even though the Chiefs did not make it to the Super Bowl this year, here are some great Super Bowl appetizers and snacks to make for a great party!
Black Bean & Corn Salsa
- 1/4 Cup Hellmann’s or Best Foods Light Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 can (19 oz. ) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 oz. ) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 Cup quartered grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
- In medium bowl, blend Hellmann’s or Best Foods Light Mayonnaise, lime juice and cumin. Stir in remaining ingredients. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Baked Artichoke Dip
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, well drained (marinated or not, as you wish)
- 10 oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese. Stir in artichokes, spinach and bell pepper. Place in 1 quart ovenproof casserole and sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. Bake at 350 degrees 15-20 minutes until heated and bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with baguette slices, crackers or pita crisps.
Spicy CrockPot Chicken Drummies
- 2 lb. chicken drummies, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
Pat the chicken drummies dry with a paper towel and place on broiler pan. Broil 5-6 inches from the heat for 8-10 minutes, turning often, until chicken is browned. Place in 3-4 quart crockpot.
Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over drummies. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours. These can be held for 1 hour after the cooking time on LOW.
- 2 (6″) Boboli pizza crusts OR 2 English muffins, split
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spread pizza sauce over crusts (if using English muffins, split and toast first). Top with remaining ingredients. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes until cheese melts and crust is golden brown on bottom. 2 servings
Recipes can be found at www.celebrations.com