Inventory across KC is still really low, making it a great time to sell! Where were traditionally see homes popping up for the spring market in February, we’re already seeing movement in 2017. The good news is, if spring is your set time for listing, you have plenty of time in the weeks ahead to get your home shiny and bright! And if your time frame isn’t firm and you want to get a jump on spring competition we can get your home market-ready and listed fast.
Here are the 5 biggies we recommend you start on now:
- Declutter, declutter, declutter. And de-personalize while you’re at it. Go room-by-room, level-by-level … whatever will work for you. Pack items you want to keep and get them out of site. If you have items in gently used condition you no longer want, find a local charity and arrange a pick-up (here’s one). Other items you aren’t using should go in the trash. Set a clean, tidy space that buyers can envision as “their” home. The more they relate to your home, the better!
- Fix it Up! If you’re aware of an issue with your home, it’s easiest to resolve before listing. Some problems you can probably address on your own. If you need a professional, here’s a list of folks we trust. Let us know if you don’t find what you need and we’ll get it for you. Don’t forget little projects like making sure all lightbulbs are working or touching up paint on wall blemishes.
- Give a Deep Clean. This is one you can do on your own to save money. However, if your home needs a little extra TLC, it might be worth investing in a professional cleaner. Same goes for carpets. If yours show dirt, stains or odor, bring in a carpet cleaner. A clean slate goes a long way toward a good first impression!
- Spruce Up Curb Appeal. Walk your property. Examine the exterior of your home, as well as your lawn and landscaping. Clean up any debris or items that should be stored (balls, toys, leaves and sticks). Do you have bushes in need of a trim? Would fresh mulch make your front beds pop? Is your exterior paint in good condition? Would a bright front door add curb appeal?
- Call Us! At this point we can come in with our stager and photographer to start the marketing side of your listing. But, feel free to bump us up to #1 on the list if you want input and help with the items above! We can come by anytime and review your home to provide suggestions for updates and to prep it for sale. As market experts, we offer guidance on where you will get the most bang for your buck. We can also give you a market report so you know the activity in your neighborhood and the comps. We will work with your timeline to get your home listed and sold so you can move on to the next step … buying!
You can reach us anytime at 913.402.2599! We’re already taking listing appointments in 2017 and would love the opportunity to sell your home. As always, thanks for your continued business and your kind referrals!