If you’re following the KC real estate market, you know it’s showing consistent signs of improvement. As further evidence, this week I received the February Kansas City Housing Market Report from the Kansas Regional Association of REALTORS and Heartland Multiple Listing Service. Highlights from the data include:
- February 2013 average sales price for new and existing homes combined was 11.5% higher than February 2012.
- There were 1,622 homes sales (new and existing combined) for February 2013 – just slightly lower than February 2012 (1,636).
- Home inventory (new and existing combined) for February 2013 was down 16% compared to February 2012.
- Pending sales for new and existing homes combined were 5% lower for February 2013 vs. February 2012.
- The supply of new and existing homes for February 2013 was 5.1 months; nearly 2 months lower than February 2012. A 5.1 month supply is leaning toward favoring a seller’s market.
With all of this in mind, if you’re considering selling your home, now might be a great time to list! If you would like to discuss more, please give me a call any time at (913) 980-2434.